Vienna, Austria. A beautiful beautiful city!
Unfortunately, I only explored this city for about one full day, but I will still offer tips on what to do, even if I didn’t do them!
Where to stay? Vienna is a pretty big city and there are tons of cool neighborhoods surrounding it. The main attractions are near Stephansplatz, the main square…It’s a good idea to try and find a place close to there. Otherwise, there is a great subway that’ll get you into the main part of the city if stay outside it.
What I did there:
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral – In the heart of Stephansplatz, lies this gorgeous Roman Catholic Church. There are plenty of places to eat and shop around the main square.
- Schonbrunn Schloss – A massive gorgeous palace surrounded by gardens. I did not get the chance to go inside, but I highly recommend that you do. This castle is a short train ride out of the city.
- Wine! There are tons of wineries in Vienna. You have to explore them! There are multiple tours you can take to see the different wineries…but we decided to tour them ourselves.
Other wineries we checked out (they are near each other):
- Weingut Wein Cobenzl
- Schlumberger AG
- Landhaus Mayer
- Walk around and stumble upon gems. There is some cool street art/graffiti to see around the city. Sometimes you should ditch the agenda, explore, and see what you find.
What I didn’t do there that you should:
- Hofburg Palace – Not just a castle, also a museum.
- Belvedere Museum – Filled will gardens, sculptures, galleries, and history.
- Prater – A huge park with an awesome ferris wheel.
- Spanish Riding School – Especially if you’re into horses, check out this traditional riding school.
- Hundertwasserhaus – Apartment block with a roof forest.
- Volksgarten – A gorgeous park open since the 1820’s
- Donauturm – Huge observation tower with a restaurant at the top. You can even bungee jump off it!
- Augarten – More gardens!!!
- Secession Building – Filled with contemporary art.
There are so many more museums, palaces, art galleries, and parks to see that I did not mention.
Do you research – there is so much to see here! Taylor your trip to your interests.
Thanks for reading and enjoy Vienna!
Check out the places I’ll be writing about next on my website ~ www.jessicapfeiffer.com ~