This one’s short and sweet friends. The book described below is an easy read and extremely intriguing. Find out why!
Alibaba’s World by Porter Erisman is a fascinating story about, “How a remarkable Chinese company is changing the face of global business”…to say the least.
Jack Ma. Chinese teacher gone billionaire. Creator of Alibaba.com, the largest e-commerce business in he world (yes it tops Ebay). Need I say more? He truly created something out of nothing, and if you’re going to want to learn business tips from anyone, why not him?!
My questions and thoughts:
- A company needs a solid structure. Everyone should clearly now their role and how their performance is being measured. Are they working towards the company’s mission, vision, and values?
- Every employee should have something to work towards. What is their motivation? It should be clear whether there is room to move up in their department upon accepting the position.
- A training program needs to be set for each position in the business. Training your employees is where you help them do things right the first time!
- As a business, try offering a free service until there is so much competition that the consumers will want to pay you for advantage.
- Ebay made the mistake of assuming their mature platform interface was appealing to Chinese, when implementing Ebay overseas. The Chinese are used to colorful, flashy, in your face style of interface. Be aware of your market!!! Ebay also made the mistake of offering very poor customer service out of the USA.
- NEVER GIVE UP!
“TODAY IS TOUGH. TOMORROW IS TOUGHER. THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IS BEAUTIFUL. BUT MOST PEOPLE DIE TOMORROW NIGHT AND DON’T GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THE SUN RISE THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.”
You can purchase here:
Alibaba’s World: How a Remarkable Chinese Company is Changing the Face of Global Business